STRUCTURAL DESIGN SERVICES
Site investigations and reports on existing buildings reporting defects, causes and repairs.
Structural engineering analysis to determine stresses on building and or building element/s from internal and external loads and forces.
Design and construction detailing in steel, reinforced concrete, timber and masonry to British Standards for Part A Building Regulations approval.
We will provide design information to satisfy the requirements of Part A of the Building Regulations and relevant British Standards to ensure the
structural integrity and stability of a building structure which is functional and meets its user’s end needs.
The structural safety of a building is not normally considered by its users however this is only achieved through careful consideration of design and construction.
We can provide a structural engineering consultancy to carry out the calculations to design and specify the structural elements from foundations to roof of a building,
ensuring the construction process is practical and cost effective and meets the relevant standards/regulations while ensuring the buildings stability and safety.
We will present the design information with detailed drawings and schedules as necessary to aid the builder/contractor and for submission to Local Authority or Approved Inspector for approval.
The service we will provide:
- We will identify the scope of works and provide a written fee proposal for your approval.
- We will identify any issues and advise on any investigation works that might be required.
- A Chartered Structural Engineer will carry out a survey to enable the analysis and design of the building structure and structural elements.
- We liaise with the client, builder and architect throughout to ensure the design meets the necessary requirements.
- We will endeavor to ensure that the structural solution employs the best and practical available methods of construction for your specific project.
- We will ensure that our design complies with the requirements of the Building Regulations, Part A Structure.
- We will specify a cost-effective and practical solution delivered to meet your construction programme.
- We will provide comprehensive and clear contract drawings and documents.
- We will continually liaise with the architect, builder and design team to ensure that the construction is properly carried out.
- All our work will be covered by professional indemnity insurance.